This project is a great example of how to build consumer engagement and brand advocacy.
The department needed photos to illustrate examples of housing options. Students were to submit photos of their rooms and then I would visit them to take professional photos for the contest. This contest leveraged brand influencers to encourage others to “like” or comment on their photos.
The contest was promoted through Facebook “pages” and social media posts.
Over 50 students entered the contest in the first year. Hundreds of professional photos and video examples were taken to provide a housing portfolio foundation.
- The department saved thousands of dollars in working-hours and supplies to develop examples of housing options.
- Content was more authentic because it demonstrated real students in their rooms.
- Students became our champions and cheerleaders.
- ↑ 1565 Page Likes on 3/31/2011
- ↑ Engagement Opportunities